"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life." ~Sylvia Plath

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Goodbye Apartment G

New beginnings are always exciting and my move at the end of July didn't disappoint.  I loved Apartment G, but it was time to move on.

Living Room
Living Room 
Apartment G was basically a townhouse.  My front door opened up to a living area, furnished almost exclusively by Ikea and yard sale finds.  There are few couches as comfy as my $5 yard sale loveseat :) 
One of my favorite things about Apt. G was the outdoor spaces.  I really loved my front porch as well as my peaceful, shaded backyard.  I will miss my summer mornings sitting in the backyard reading a book with a cool drink.  I also loved my sunny evenings eating dinner on my front porch after school.  Being outdoors always makes me feel so calm and relaxed.  However, I can say a glad goodbye to the dust and noise from the nearby race track.  
My new apartment, Suite C, has an amazing porch that I can use as well as a nice backyard.  While not as peaceful and lacking shade trees, it will still be nice to have outdoor living space.

Kitchen
KitchenAttached to the living area was a fairly large kitchen and dining area.  Off of the kitchen was a door that led to a crusty basement that I will be happy to forget about.
  

BedroomThe upstairs consisted of two bedrooms, a bathroom, and 4 wonderfully large closets, which I definitely miss!  I got rid of countless trash bags and boxes full of trash and/or thrift store donations.  I couldn't believe I accumulated that much in just 5 years . . . motivation to do more frequent purging at my new apartment   

After spending several weeks packing (thanks for the help, mom!), I was ready to fill up a U-Haul truck.

MovingI enlisted the help of my brother and his friend, Ken, to move me 2 minutes down the road to my new place - Suite C.  I am indebted to these two guys for enduring a true moving marathon that lasted 5 hours.  Apartment G is on top of a hill and Suite C has a horrible staircase, so it was not the easiest of moves.  However, aside from a slight mishap with dog poo and a crushed hand, everything went fairly smoothly.


We ended the day with a much needed trip to the Selinsgrove Brewery where we feasted on sandwiches and drank deliciously crafted beer.

2 comments:

  1. ken finally stepping in that poo at the end of the day made all of that work totally worth it. also those slushies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the little things in life... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...