"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life." ~Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Film Photography

Ahhhhh!  Tim got me a film camera and macro lens for my birthday.  I'm so excited to begin taking film pictures.  I'm especially excited to use the macro lens since I love to take extreme close-ups of things.  It's been so long since I loaded film ... Tim and I had quite a time trying to get it the film to advance/load correctly.  

Jamie, my brother's girlfriend, took a photography class this past semester.  She got me interested in taking film photos as well as digital photos.  I'm excited to learn how to develop my own photos in the distant future.  I'm just going to have to take a trip out to Kansas to visit Jamie and use her father's dark room ;)

I've been told by Tim's father, who is into photography as well, that when I develop my pictures I should develop them as slides.  Apparently, slides will scan better if I want to "digitize" them.

This should be a fun learning experience!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you've been enjoying film photography. Come to Kansas soon and we can enlarge some images together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...