"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life." ~Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Beer Dinner - April 2014

Invitation


What better way to celebrate our love of food and beer than to throw a beer dinner - 5 courses paired with 5 beers.

The dinner was tons of work (!), but also tons of fun! I enjoyed the whole process - planning the menu, choosing the beer pairings, decorating the table, cooking the courses, and visiting with friends.




















Tim spent several hours writing detailed and thoughtful beer pairing notes. Here are a few videos (thanks to Anna!) of his pairing deliveries.










Session Beer - Six Point Sweet Action
A session beer is a highly drinkable beer with low alcohol content. Because of the low alcohol content, it's the perfect type of beer to drink when you are going to consumer several beers in a short period of time. We started off the night with this - no food pairing, just something to start sipping while everyone arrived.








AMUSE BOUCHE
Food 
Zucchini slices stuffed with crab meat and topped with an almond pesto
Beer Pairing 
Victory Prima Pils









APPETIZER
Food
Asparagus pizza
Beer Pairing
Perle Bred Pale Ale (homebrew)







ENTREE 1
Food
Pork tenderloin served on a bed of sautéed spinach and topped with an orange garlic vinaigrette
Beer Pairing
Samuel Adams Double Bock






ENTREE 2
Food
Pasta carbonara
Beer Pairing
AleSmith Old Numbskull 
(American Barleywine)









DESSERT
Food
Ille Flotante
Beer Pairing
Delirium Tremens









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...