"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life." ~Sylvia Plath

Monday, January 31, 2011

So Long, Farewell ...

Tonight was my last night of yoga with my wonderful instructor, Sara, at the OYETD yoga studio/art gallery!  While she will be starting up again in the summer, it will be at a different place, so it won't be quite the same.  Although, I will be happy to be able to practice yoga with her again, wherever that may be.

I love the space so much, and I will really miss it!  I could try to describe a room with jeans on the ceiling, walls painted black and white in areas, bright primary colors in others, and muted shades of blue and green other areas, and interesting artwork and sculptures filling every empty space ... but it just wouldn't do it justice. So, I took a few pictures, which even in isolation don't fully provide the full effect, but it will have to do.

Tonight's session ended with Eric playing the bowls while extremely relaxing music played, which was incredible!  I could feel the vibrations from the bowls through my entire body.  This is truly the ultimate in a relaxing experience ...  even better than being on the beach ...  which to me is the ultimate measuring stick for relaxation!  Of course, part of it too could be that I just worked my butt off for the past hour, so the time at the end to just lay on my mat feels amazing.  I found a video that will give you an idea of what they are, since it was new to me the first time too.


While we cannot attend a yoga studio, my yoga partner and I both bought a yoga video, and we plan on meeting Mondays to do a video together.  We have tried them both out, and, happily, they are both excellent!  Who would have thought that Jillian and Bob from The Biggest Loser would actually create a fairly decent yoga workout video.  Jillian's is a good workout, although I question her claim to help you lose 5 pounds a week, but Bob's video is a more traditional yoga "routine".  So, I do prefer Bob's video, even though the music on his is HORRIBLE.  I think I will have to mute the video, and just play my own music.

 I will keep going through my vinyasa, going into downward dog and blissful baby, and paying attention to my breathing on a regular basis, because there is no workout like yoga :)  Namaste!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...