"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life." ~Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Banana Bread

A few years ago, I tried about 6 or 7 different banana bread recipes.  I wanted to find the best recipe.  I forget where I found this recipe, probably online, but the intense banana taste in this bread made it the winner.

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 overripe bananas
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
1.  In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt - set aside.
2.  Mash 2 bananas with a fork.
3.  Whisk remaining bananas and sugar together for a good 3 minutes.
4.  Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla - beat well.
5.  Mix in dry ingredients - don't overblend.
6.  Fold in mashed bananas.
7.  Pour mixture into a buttered and floured bread pan and rap the pan on the counter to get out the air bubbles.
8.  Bake at 350 for about 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...