"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life." ~Sylvia Plath

Monday, March 14, 2011

February 28-March 6

Downtown Selinsgrove is quite quaint.  It is about 2 blocks and stays alive thanks to the local University.  There are several restaurants, a few bars, a wonderful micro-brewery, a couple hair salons, a cozy cafe, and a variety of other businesses.  My favorite establishment is the local used bookstore.  I cannot walk in without entering into a fascinating conversation with the owner and leaving a book or two richer. 
For the 6 years that I have lived in Selisngrove, I have lived within walking distance of the downtown.  I love being able to walk to the post office or the library or to get something to eat ... it is quite convenient and holds a certain charm that suburbia lacks.  So, on a recent walk, I snapped a few pictures that capture the flavor of Selinsgrove.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...